Beyond the concrete box, in the absence of lane lines and walls, EventHorizon coaches instill confidence, composure, speed and efficiency in the open water.
WHAT WILL SWIMMERS WILL GET OUT OF OUR OPEN WATER CLINICS?
- With EventHorizon open water clinics you’re getting the following experience:
- At least one coach is certified as an American Red Cross Certified Waterfront Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor (WSI).
- All coaches certified in CPR/AED and Standard First Aid.
- EventHorizon certified coaches with over 100 cumulative open water swim event finishes.
APPROACH AND STRUCTURE
- Time boxed sessions focusing on the following outcomes:
- Open water safety and safety strokes.
- Pack positioning/seeding; dealing with congestion, crowds and anxiety.
- Deep water starts, beach starts & dive starts.
- Sighting and open water navigation in a “line.”
- Breathing; demystifying the second vs. third stroke breathing patterns.
- Drafting from both the side as well as the feet.
- Multiple strategies for turning at turn buoys.
- Open water exits and Transition One strategies.
WHAT YOU RECEIVED AT OUR OPEN WATER CLINCIS
- Small group and individualized instruction from EventHorizon certified coaches and American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguard.
- Lecture based deep dive, reviewing the common faults to avoid and question & answer session.
- Training on how to employ safe open water swim training strategies.
- Instruction on how to employ a structured high performance open water workout for maximum impact.
- Training on how to race in open water for maximum impact.
- Workouts designed by EH coaches for high performance swimming on your personal flash drive.
- An interactive dashboard developed by EventHorizon coaches for field tests on your personal flash drive.
- A comprehensive swimming eBook developed by EH coaches summarizing all of the clinic outcomes on your personal flash drive.
- Xterra wetbag and EventHorizon swim cap.